Monday 8 August 2011

'So you can't hear them scream'

A few weeks ago,  I couldn't attend a seminar at the local University Technology Centre on 'Selling in hard times' as I was baby sitting my daughter.  I asked a friend who had attended to give me a  summary. He eventually gave me copy of his notes which were well rationalised sales techniques,  but when we spoke about it the language was much more emotive. The notes were paraphrasing the speaker whereas here he was speaking of the collective sombre, anxious, defeatist sentiments from the audience. Most were apparently showing grave concerns for the austerity measures which were bringing their livelihoods to halt. What he actually said was,  ' if you are going to kill them,  slit their throats so you don't have to hear them scream!'.

No comments:

Post a Comment