Sunday 29 June 2014

Glasto, football and I missed Paxo's last stand. What else?


I'm 44 and I am watching BBC3. Glastonbury is on. I missed Jack White yesterday so I have promised myself a dose of iPlayer at some point. The kids will have to be asleep or maybe it's time the older one (3 and a half) had a dose of the sort of thing that got Daddy to owning 5 or so guitars and designing hifi. Hang on, I'm still scene setting. The title will make sense soon, I promise. Anyway, in between settling the little one and helping mummy with older ones over tiredness having come back from a soft-play birthday party I did manage to watch some of the Mexico vs. Netherland Quarter final. Typically every time a goal was scored (not counting the 94th minute penalty) I was distracted and only caught it on the replay, but yet again I seem to be digressing. But there's more. As we all know by now England is not on the menu football wise. I saw the last of that at the Bar at the Eurocamp we stayed at for our recent holiday. There were us two Dads cursing at the seemingly sub Championship standard of the football on display. Two so called powers of football, Uruguay and England playing like the Scout from Woking Town was watching and they were all a fluster. We were glad they were out as the Quarters would have been an embarrassment. I still do harp on about two years ago when the GB team at the Olympics playing with so much more heart (and structure) than England in the Euros a month or so earlier. Yes, still scene setting. Then came the worst thing. I was away for Paxo's last night on Newsnight. Did you watch it Friday night? Andrew Neal!? Well it was ok. Bit weird as I am used to him being a lot less serious on This Week. At least Kirsty is still there. RRRRrrr, but enough of that. Opening paragraph nearly over. So, What else? Cameron call Junker to congratulate him. Diplomat of the year.

Those who have kindly pressed their specs to the screen to read this blog from time to time may have noticed very little lately. Apart from the pleasure of nappy changing and late nights have filled the few holes in our schedules with I have also been exceptionally board politically. In the true spirit of the coalition I will defer all comment till after the general election.

Well maybe.


 
Haider Bahrani is former hifi and technical book reviewer, sound engineer, wannabe poet, deluded songwriter, as well as one of the founders and the current Managing Director of Sonneteer, a British, high end hi-fi manufacturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment